Driver Safety Tips.
Driver Safety Tips
Whether you’re looking to buy new wheels, fix up the old ones, or simply stay safe on the streets, follow our driver safety tips for better road trips.
Developing safe highway habits
- Avoiding Deer - Keep an eye out for four-legged creatures who sometimes share the road with you.
- Drive Alertly - Keep your eyes open and attention focused when taking to the road.
- Distracted Driving - Learn why cell phones, texting and driving are a deadly combination.
- Prevent Road Rage - Keep your cool, even when others around you are losing theirs.
- Spring Driving Tips - Slick and soggy presents a unique set of driving challenges. Be prepared.
- Winter Driving Tips - Prepare your wheels for when the road turns white.
Preparing for the road ahead
- Planning a Road Trip (E-Book) - Our interactive publication offers trip tips and inspiring memories to fuel your next over-the-road adventure.
- Pothole Pitfalls - Here's how to avoid these damaging divots and what to do if you can't.
- How Safe is Your Vehicle? - Check out the latest safety ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Tire Care - Proper tire care can save your life and help keep a little cash in your pocket.
- Preparing for a Breakdown (Video) - Take steps now so you can keep moving, even when your auto isn't.
- Pack an Emergency Kit – Minimize the aggravation of a breakdown by having the right items on hand.
- Prevent Auto Theft – Make your vehicle unattractive to car thieves.
When trouble occurs
- What to Do Before and After an Accident - Accidents happen. Know what to do if one happens to you.
- I Was in an Accident, Now What? (Video) - See how quickly American Family's claims team can get you back on your wheels.
- My Car Broke Down (Video) - Know what to do if your vehicle leaves you stranded on the highway.
Buying a new vehicle
- Motorcycle Safety Gear - Suit up for protection every time you ride.
- Motorcycle Ride Preparation - Before revving your engine, check out our tips for safe riding.
- Motorcycle Road Safety - Here are some tips for riding under a variety of conditions.
- When You Must Weather the Weather - Common sense advice for riding in inclement conditions.
- Anti-lock Brakes - They're not just for cars anymore.
Enjoying other forms of transportation
- Snowmobile Safety - Happy trails begin with safe snowmobilers.
- Snowmobile Maintenance - Keep your sled running smoothly.
- Boating Safety - Top 10 tips for smooth and safe sailing.
- ATV Safety - Tips for steering clear of off-road accidents and injuries.
- RV Safety - Tips for safe trips in your recreational vehicle.