Driver Safety Tips.
Driver Safety Tips
Whether youâ€™re looking to buy new wheels, fix up the old ones, or simply stay safe on the streets, follow our driver safety tips for better road trips.
Developing safe highway habits
- Avoiding Deer - Keep an eye out for four-legged creatures who sometimes share the road with you.
- Drive Alertly - Keep your eyes open and attention focused when taking to the road.
- Distracted Driving - Learn why cell phones, texting and driving are a deadly combination.
- Prevent Road Rage - Keep your cool, even when others around you are losing theirs.
- Spring Driving Tips - Slick and soggy presents a unique set of driving challenges. Be prepared.
- Winter Driving Tips - Prepare your wheels for when the road turns white.
Preparing for the road ahead
- Pothole Pitfalls - Here's how to avoid these damaging divots and what to do if you can't.
- How Safe is Your Vehicle? - Check out the latest safety ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Tire Care - Proper tire care can save your life and help keep a little cash in your pocket.
- Preparing for a Breakdown (Video) - Take steps now so you can keep moving, even when your auto isn't.
- Planning a Family Road Trip (Video) - A little preparation can keep you safe as you put some miles behind you.
When trouble occurs
Buying a new vehicle
- Motorcycle Safety Gear - Suit up for protection every time you ride.
- Motorcycle Ride Preparation - Before revving your engine, check out our tips for safe riding.
- Motorcycle Road Safety - Here are some tips for riding under a variety of conditions.
- When You Must Weather the Weather - Common sense advice for riding in inclement conditions.