Spring Safety Driving Tips
Drive safely when the weather turns sloppy.
With all the beauty spring brings, it also presents a unique set of driving challenges.
Here are some common-sense tips to keep in mind as you hit the highway during this sometimes slick and soggy time of year.
- When rain or mist begins, slow down.
- Turn on your fan and defroster to keep the inside of your windshield clear of moisture.
- Avoid driving through big puddles; splashing water could affect your brakes and impair the vision of other motorists.
- Be alert for icy conditions caused by thawing snow, spring rains or mist, especially in shaded areas, and on bridges and overpasses. These areas tend to freeze first.
- Look carefully for pedestrians; they can be difficult to see in rain and fog. (Donâ€™t count on them looking out for you.)
These recommendations were developed using generally accepted safety standards.