10 Reasons to Choose American Family for Your Farm or Ranch
- Our roots are with farmers. Founded in 1927, Farmers Mutual catered to farmers and evolved into American Family Insurance, one of the largest property/casualty insurers in the nation.
- The backing of a company that insures more than 22 million acres. American Family is among the top five farm and ranch insurance providers in our operating states.* Our strength allows us to offer a broad range of high-quality products and services at competitive prices.
- With $5.7 billion in equity, we’re financially stable and committed to staying that way so we can continue to protect our farm and ranch customers.
- We’re part of your community and aim to maintain our rural presence. Our agents and employees live and work in your areas and understand local issues. American Family has a long tradition of charitable activities and service.
- Your policy is designed for you, whether your operation is 25 acres or 25,000 acres. Optional coverage can be tailored to provide the level of protection you need.
- From computers to livestock, our farm/ranch policy is flexible enough to handle most types of farm and ranch exposures. In addition, coverage can be changed as your needs change.
- We strive to offer cream of the crop service with dedicated, knowledgeable and specialized staff who have a wealth of experience built on many years of service.
- We have dedicated farm/ranch claim adjusters who are trained on issues that are unique to farm/ranch claims. Our Claim Division promises you’ll receive fast, fair and friendly service.
- Proactive safety. Reducing risks means reducing costs – and improving your bottom line. As an American Family policyholder, you’ll have access to board-certified safety professionals, as well as safety tools and materials, to proactively help you make your operation safer for your employees.
- Our diversity of agricultural backgrounds and experience ensures specialized service and focus to meet your needs. Our underwriting staff is knowledgeable in all facets of agriculture, whether it’s farming operations, horses or livestock production.
*As measured by Farmowners Multi-Peril direct premiums written, according to a 2011 report by SNL Financial.