Protect Yourself and your good name.
Identity Theft Protection & Online Safety
At home, at work, at school, online ... No matter where you are or what you're doing, protect yourself and your good name, too.
- Email, Phone and Mail Scams - Take steps to protect yourself from increasingly common fraud tactics.
- What Is the Face of Your Facebook Profile (Video) - Choose a "Facebook philosophy" that protects your family.
- Protect Your Online Presence - Use caution with your online activities; you may be giving away more information than you realize.
- Watch for Social Engineering – Some friendly online requests may not be so friendly.
- Prevent Common Computer Threats – Keep your information safe in cyberspace.
- Guard Your Personal Data – Be alert to some of the most common online scams.
- Surf Social Media Safely - Be careful with the information you put online.
- Set Strong Passwords – Protect your identity by choosing hard-to-crack passwords – and changing them often.
Identity theft protection
- ID Theft Risk Calculator – How safe is your identity?
- Do You Know Who You Are? (Video) - An introduction to the dangers of identity theft.
- Can You Protect You? (Video) - Simple steps to keep thieves away from your ID.
- Can You Read the Signs? (Video) - Keep your eyes peeled for the signs of identity thieves.
- Identity Protection at Home – Safeguard the personal information around your house.
- What's in Your Wallet? – Be careful with the information you carry.
- What to Do If You’re the Victim of ID Theft – Learn the steps for restoring your financial reputation.
- Child Identity Theft - Kids are attractive targets for identity theft.
- Break-in Identity Protection - Make your home unappealing to intruders.
- Disaster Identity Protection - Prepare now so a disaster won't destroy your good name.
- Holiday Identity Protection - Enjoy the special seasons, but don't let down your ID theft guard.
- School Identity Protection - Take the crash course on safeguarding your identity at school.
Securing Your Property
- Beware the Scammer - Criminals have become more creative in their attempt to get your money. Know what to watch for.
- Safe Keeping – Discover the benefits of a home safe.
- Thwarting Burglars – Keep thieves outside your home and away from your stuff.
- Disposing of Computer Equipment – When getting rid of computer hardware, make sure you’re not also giving away personal data.
- Getting Rid of a Phone – Remove all personal information before you trade in your cell phone.