The freedom of the open road feels even better the less you have to worry about. But protecting yourself on a motorcycle involves more than leather and a helmet.
Contact an agent to get a motorcycle insurance quote.
With American Family motorcycle insurance, you can rely on our coverage, count on our competitive rates and know you have an agent who's got your back.
Coverage for Your Bike Alone - or Your Accessories Too
American Family motorcycle insurance offers coverage for touring bikes, scooters and virtually everything in between. You choose the coverage package that best meets your needs.
Our Basic Plan helps protect your motorcycle with collision, comprehensive and liability coverage.
- Collision coverage is for losses caused by a collision with other vehicles or objects, regardless of who is at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage is for losses not caused by a collision, such as theft, fire or weather.
- Liability coverage helps protect your finances. If you accidentally injure someone while riding your motorcycle, certain legal and medal expenses may be covered.
With the Basic Plus Plan, we offer the same protection â€“ plus coverage for the following accessories:
- Saddle Bags
- Custom Paint
- Sissy Bar
- Custom Chrome
- Luggage Rack
- Customer Seat
- Side Car
- Highway Bars
- Extended Fork
- Tape Player and tapes
- CD Player and Discs
Your American Family Insurance agent can also help you select medical expense coverage and uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
Outstanding Claims Coverage
Even when you're out on the road, you're never far away from someone who can help. If you need to make a claim, you'll have access to:
- A local insurance agent who knows you
- A claims specialist who's ready to step in and smooth things out
- An online option for submitting your claim
- 24/7 phone support to keep your claim moving
Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
Ask your American Family Insurance agent if you qualify for a money-saving discount for insuring your cycle and home together, multiple cycles or certain types of touring cycles.
You may also save on your motorcycle insurance premiums under the 50+ Premium Plan.
Discounts may vary by state or property policy form, and may not apply to all coverages on a motorcycle or property policy.
Additional Motorcycle Resources
Motorcycle Safety â€“ Tips for preventing injuries and fatalities on the road (part of American Family's Learning Center).
webAUTO-0001932 Rev. 03/12