It's more than just a business. It's your dream come true.
Contact an agent to get a business insurance quote.
Here’s how American Family business insurance can help protect that dream.
- Flexible coverage options tailored to your unique business needs. Whether you employ hundreds or do everything yourself, we have a comprehensive portfolio of business insurance products to help cover your workforce, facilities, vehicles and property.
- Local agents who understand your community's business climate. As business owners themselves, they also realize the importance of managing expenses and staying focused on the bottom line. Find an agent near you.
- Our proprietary Business Accelerator Program. This award-winning tool (open to anyone) offers information and motivation for taking your business to the next level.
- A disaster protection and recovery planning resource. As a member of the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS), American Family can offer small- and mid-sized commercial customers access to the IBHS "Open for Business" program for continuity planning.
- Expert guidance on reducing risk. Our loss control staff can help you identify steps for keeping your employees safe and your operation running smoothly.
- A quarterly e-newsletter filled with tips for protecting your workforce - and your bottom line. Sign up for Business @dvisor.
- PureSafety On Demand, online access to training that helps keep your worksite safe and injury free.
Flexible Business Insurance Tailored to Your Needs
Your American Family Insurance agent can help you determine the best coverage to meet your business needs. Here are some insurance options you may want to consider.
- Businessowners Policy: Combines property, liability and loss-of-income coverage into a simple package that's customizable to meet your small business needs.
- Business Key Policy: Allows you to pick and choose from property, general liability, inland marine and crime coverages as well as many additional options.
- Contractors Package: Specially designed for contractors with 10 or fewer employees. This package combines the two most-needed coverages - commercial general liability and contractors equipment - with the flexibility to add other coverages.
- Business Auto Policy: Provides liability, collision and comprehensive coverage for your business vehicles.
- Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Policy (not available in all states): Combines these two important coverages to meet the insurance needs created by workers compensation laws and regulations in individual states.
- Commercial Liability Umbrella Policy: Picks up where your underlying business insurance liability coverage ends, giving you added protection against the financial consequences of major accidents or incidents.
- Nonprofit Directors and Officers Liability: Protects directors and officers from liability claims arising out of alleged errors in judgment, breaches of duty, and wrongful acts related to their service to the organization.
- Flood Insurance: Offered through the National Flood Insurance Program, provides coverage to nearly 21,000 eligible U.S. communities.
Coverage and Support for Rental Dwelling Owners
American Family's Rental Dwelling Protection Program provides you affordable coverage for one- and two-family rental units.
And as a rental dwelling policyholder, you may have access to a significant discount on unlimited tenant screenings as well as property management resources such as sample forms and applications. Find them in our Landlord Toolbox.
What types of business does American Family Insurance cover?
American Family offers coverage for a wide range of businesses and service providers. Here's a list of just some of the businesses we cover.
- Auto service and repair shops
- Bagel shops
- Beauty and barbershops
- Dental and medical offices
- Gift and hobby shops
- Janitorial services
- Landscaping and lawn care services
- Law, accounting and other professional offices
- Sweet shops and bakeries
- Toy stores
To learn more about how we can help you protect your business, contact an American Family agent today.
For additional resources, visit the My Business section of our Learning Center.
webBUS-0002066 Rev. 10/13