Flooding can occur at any time and anywhere. In the past five years, floods have been reported in all 50 states. Common causes include heavy rain, melting snow, tropical storms and failed levees or dams.
Most homeowners, renters or condo owners insurance policies do not protect your home from flood damage. To provide this protection, American Family offers flood insurance from the National Flood Insurance Program. This protection is available to anyone, even if their property has been flooded before.
Flood insurance is available to homeowners, renters and condo owners and covers damage to your home and possessions. Covered items include:
- Your home and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- HVAC systems
- Stoves and built-in appliances
- Permanently installed carpeting, paneling, wallboard, bookcases and cabinets
- Personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture and electronic equipment
- Window blinds and curtains
- Washers and dryers
- Food freezers and their contents
- Certain valuable items such as original artwork and furs (up to $2,500)
Complete details of coverage are listed in the Summary of Coverage.
Contact your American Family agent to learn more about the protection provided by flood insurance.