Identity Theft Protection
Every year millions of people learn the hard way how easy it is for someone to steal their identity. With just your name, Social Security Number and date of birth, a thief can apply for anything from a credit card to a driver's license. And as bad as identity theft feels, the real crime may be how difficult, time consuming and expensive it can be to get your life back on track.
Fortunately, there's an easy and affordable way to arm your entire family against this rising threat:
The American Family Identity Theft Program includes our Identity Fraud Expense Coverage, which helps cover costs associated with repairing your identity, including attorney fees, loan re-application fees and lost wages.
Additional Services Through Identity Theft 911©
American Family Insurance has partnered with Identity Theft 911©, an industry leader in identity fraud resolution, to give you and your family 24/7 access to a variety of valuable features and services, including the option of working one-on-one with a dedicated fraud specialist. These experienced professionals provide you with the guidance you need to recover from identity theft, or at your request, proactive measures to help you avoid being victimized in the future.
Services offered by Identity Theft 911© are not part of our endorsement, however, they are provided to you at no extra cost. Highlights include:
- Provide tips and techniques
- Offer relocation identityÂ protection
- Minimize military members' risks
- Help with estate activities
- Assist with marriage and divorce name changes
- Place free fraud alerts on your credit files for one year
- Assign dedicated fraud specialist
- Help prepare documents
- Provide resolution of information stolen from a child
- Call third parties, such as credit bureaus, law enforcement, etc.
- Help replace identification and documentation (birth certificates, Social Security cards, drivers licenses, etc.)
- Assist in protecting financial, credit and identity data, while helping ensure uninterrupted access to financial accounts
- Provide one-on-one guidance through resolution process, minimizing your stress and lost time
Document Replacement Assistance
Guidance in replacing lost, stolen or destroyed identity documents, including:
- Social Security cards
- Birth certificates
- Driver's licenses
These services may be accessed by calling your agent or 1-800-MYAMFAM (1-800-692-6326) to be connected with Identity Theft 911©.
Additional Resource: Identity Theft Risk Calculator
This easy-to-use tool evaluates whether you are effectively protecting your personally identifiable information.
Additional Information on preventing identity fraud is available at a special website, Identity Theft 911©.
webHOME-0001982 Rev. 8/12