Identity Theft Protection
Every year millions of people learn the hard way how easy it is for someone to steal their identity. With just your name, Social Security Number and date of birth, a thief can apply for credit cards, loans, a driver's license and even government benefits – all in your name. Identity thieves are also skilled at credit card theft – making purchases or cash advances on your credit card before you can take action.
As bad as it is being a victim of identity or credit card theft, the real crime may be how difficult, time consuming and expensive it can be to get your life back on track.
What’s Your Risk?
Think your personal identity is safe? This easy to use ID Theft risk calculator shows your potential risk for being victim to identity theft.
Easy, Inexpensive Protection
American Family Insurance offers an addition to homeowners, renters and condo owners insurance called The Identity Fraud Expense Endorsement. This high-value, low-cost coverage helps protect against the high costs related to restoring your identity and good name. This endorsement covers expenses such as legal fees, loan reapplication fees, notary expenses and lost wages due to time taken from work to restore your credit.
Further Protection from Identity Theft 911©
Also included at no additional cost is Identity Theft 911©, an industry leader in identity fraud resolution. Identity Theft 911© gives you and your family 24/7 access to extensive features and services.
Proactively protect your family against identity theft.
- Ways to use social media wisely.
- Tips for protecting yourself against “Phishing.”
- Guidance to minimize military members' risks.
- Help with estate activities.
- Assistance with marriage and divorce name changes.
Restore your identity and good name in the event your identity is compromised.
- Free fraud alerts on your credit files for one year.
- A dedicated fraud specialist to assist you in all aspects of recovery.
- Help preparing replacement documents.
- Resolution of information stolen from a child.
- Calls to third parties, such as credit bureaus and law enforcement, on your behalf.
If a disaster strikes your home and documents are lost or destroyed, Identity Theft 911© will help.
- Replace documentation such as birth certificates, Social Security cards and drivers licenses.
- Assist in protecting financial, credit and identity data, while helping ensure you have uninterrupted access to your financial accounts.
- Provide one-on-one guidance through resolution process, minimizing your stress, expenses and lost time.
Document Replacement Assistance
Obtain new documents if yours have been lost, stolen or compromised.
- Social Security cards.
- Birth certificates.
- Driver's licenses.
These valuable services are available by calling your agent or 1-800-MYAMFAM (1-800-692-6326) to be connected with Identity Theft 911©.
Be prepared. Contact American Family Insurance if you’d like a quote for your home, renters of condo owners insurance.
Additional Information on preventing identity fraud is available at a special website, Identity Theft 911©.
webHOME-0001982 Rev. 2/14