Slow Moving Vehicles
Warn others your farm vehicle is moving slowly.
Let other drivers know you aren’t moving as fast as they are by prominently displaying the Slow Moving Vehicle (SMV) emblem when traveling less than 25 mph on public roadways.
The SMV emblem:
- Should be displayed on farm tractors, self-propelled machinery, ATVs used for agricultural purposes and horse-drawn buggies
- Should be mounted point up at the rear of the vehicle, near the centerline
- Should be between two and six feet above the ground
- Should be replaced when worn, faded or damaged
- Should not be used as a substitute for working lights and reflectors