Swimming Pool Safety
Dive into pool safety.
Take some simple steps to protect those who use, or go near, your swimming pool.
- Never leave children alone in or near the pool, even for a moment.
- Because children can wander out of the house and fall into the pool, you may want to put up a fence to separate your house from the pool. Use gates with latches that are higher than young children's reach.
- Keep life preservers and a telephone by the pool.
- When swimming toys are not being used, remove them from the pool to prevent children from reaching for them.
- Learn CPR - it's a tremendous skill to have.
Consider these suggestions and enjoy a safe, happy summer in your pool.
These recommendations were developed using generally accepted safety standards. Compliance with these recommendations is not a guarantee that you will be in conformance with any building code, federal, state or local regulation regarding safety or fire. Compliance with these recommendations does not ensure the absolute safety of your occupation, business or residence. It is the property owner’s duty to warn any tenants or occupants of the property of any safety hazards that may exist.