Benefits of a Safety Program
You’ve worked hard to build up your business dream, now it’s time to protect it. And the best way to get started is by implementing a safety program. Because by being proactive and approaching safety as a priority, you can stop workplace injuries, illnesses or health hazards from ever happening.
Here are some of the ways your safety plan can benefit your business.
You’ll See Direct Savings
When workers stay healthy, the direct cost savings and bottom line improvements include:
- Lower workers’ compensation insurance costs
- Reduced medical expenditures
- Smaller expenditures for return-to-work programs
- Fewer faulty products
- Lower costs for job accommodations for injured workers
- Less money spent for overtime benefits
Indirect Costs will Decrease
Safety and health programs also make big reductions in indirect costs due to:
- Increased productivity
- Higher quality products
- Increased morale
- Better labor/management relations
- Reduced turnover
- Better use of human resources
Healthy Environment Leads to Happy Employees
Employees and their families will appreciate your safety initiative because:
- Their incomes are protected.
- Their family lives are not hindered by injury.
- Their stress is not increased.