Everything you need to know about insurance basics, like coverage types, limits, cost and more.
Blueprint For Home Buying
The biggest purchase of your life doesn't come with instructions! Your dream of owning your own home is an exciting journey, and asking the right questions of your realtor can help boost your confidence every step of the way.
YOU: 1. DOUBT: 0.
Real estate resources have never been more complete thanks to online sites, video tours, neighborhood statistics and comparison price tools. But those alone don't guarantee the right buying decision.
Your best bet? Seeing how homes compare to your wish list and keeping a running tally of answers to the following questions.
- Does the listing price fit the neighborhood?
- Can you see the seller's disclosure report?
- How old is the roof?
- Does the basement flood? Do the roof or windows leak?
- Have any major repairs been completed?
- How old is the HVAC system and the water well or septic system?
- How much insulation do the attic and walls have?
- Has the house been tested for mold and radon?
- How old are the appliances?
- What is the crime rate for the neighborhood?
While they aren't necessarily the most exciting questions to ask — getting some baseline answers can help you narrow your choices more quickly. And when you finally find a keeper, you can count on a friendly American Family agent to be by your side to protect your special place and the dreams you'll bring to life there.
Related Topics: Owning A Home