Everything you need to know about insurance basics, like coverage types, limits, cost and more.
School Bus Safety
When it comes to getting your kids to school, there’s no better way than the bus. But, before you send your little ones off to another year of learning, make sure they know these rules about school bus safety:
At the Bus Stop:
- Always walk — never run — to the bus stop.
- Wait in a safe place away from the road — don’t run and play.
- Never talk to strangers at the bus stop, and always go straight home to tell your parents if someone you don’t know tries to pick you up.
- When the bus arrives, wait for the red flashing lights and the stop sign to be extended before you cross. And always look left, right and left again first!
On the Bus:
- Go right to a seat and stay sitting down the whole ride.
- Keep your voice down when you’re talking with friends so the driver can stay focused.
- If you need to talk to the driver, always wait for the bus to stop, raise your hand and call the driver’s name.
- Never throw things on the bus or out the windows.
- Keep the aisles clear of your things.
- Always listen to the driver when they’re speaking to you.
Getting Off the Bus:
- When you get off, make sure to walk three steps away from the door before walking away — this is the safest distance to be from the bus.
- Only get off your bus at your normal stop. You can only go home with a friend if you’ve got a note from your parents.
- If you leave something on or drop something near the bus, make sure the driver knows where you are before you retrieve it.
There’s nothing scary about taking the bus to school, but it’s still important your kids keep safety top of mind. Share these tips and you’ll rest easy knowing they’ve got it covered.