If you’re running your dream business from your home, make sure all your hard work is protected with the right insurance.
Prevent Business Burglary
You’ve worked hard to grow your business dream. Stay proactive and keep everything you've worked for safe with 7 tips for preventing burglary.
- Lock It Up: Ensure exterior doors have deadbolt locks and are constructed of metal or solid-core hardwood. If you have glass doors, be sure they’re made of burglar-resistant glass.
- Reinforce Entry Points: Install bars, grills or grates over windows, skylights and HVAC openings.
- Secure the Perimeter: If it makes sense, install a fence around your property.
- Landscape with Care: Remove bushes or other landscaping around doors and windows to eliminate hiding places.
- Clear the Roof: Keep burglars off your roof by placing ladders, pallets, boxes and crates away from your building.
- Stay Bright: Light the inside and outside of your business around windows, skylights and roofs – especially at night.
- Sound the Alarm: There are two basic types of alarms – audible and silent. An audible alarm sounds a siren or bell when a break-in is attempted. The sound removes the element of stealth and scares off an intruder. A silent alarm sends a signal to an offsite location, enabling private security or law enforcement to respond and catch the burglar in the act.
Related Topics: Small Biz Smarts