Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. No purchase, PAYMENT OF ANY KIND, OR INSURANCE QUOTE is NECESSARY to enter or win. a purchase, PAYMENT, OR QUOTE will not improve the chances of winning.
2. REQUESTING INFORMATION ABOUT INSURANCE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States of America
The following are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of American Family and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the competition).
4. PRIZE(s) Prize description and value are in the Facebook post. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winner is liable and solely responsible for payment of any applicable federal, state, and other taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses not listed. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, the Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of a Prize or any portion thereof permitted, except by the Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value may be awarded. Any difference between the estimated verifiable retail value and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
5. HOW TO ENTER. The Sweepstakes begins when the Facebook status update is posted to my agency Facebook. The Facebook Like or Comment must be received by no later than the close of the sweepstakes. Limit of one entry per person. No substitutes for the official entry method may be used to enter the Sweepstakes, and Sponsor will not accept entries by U.S. Mail, email, fax, or any other way other than the action outlined above.
All entries are the property of Sponsor. Neither Sponsor nor American Family are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials, or any stolen, late, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, incomplete, or illegible entries. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning text entry or online entry, the authorized subscriber of the mobile phone, e-mail account, or Facebook account, as applicable, used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined for mobile phone entries as the natural person whose name the mobile phone was issued to and to whom the services are billed, and the authorized account subscriber is defined for online entries as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. RANDOM DRAWING: Winner will be selected by random drawing within a day of the close of the sweepstakes from all eligible entries received – need not be present to win. All prizes will be awarded. Limit one prize per person, family, or household. Dates are subject to change in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Winner will be notified by telephone, email, and/or mail by Sponsor. If any winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. WINNERS VERIFICATION: Each Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules or if his/her Prize (hereinafter defined) or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received if time permits in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Each potential Winner must sign within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from the Sponsor:
(a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, members, affiliated companies and subsidiaries, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of any prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; and
(b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting the Sponsor the right to use their name and likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each Winner regarding the Sweepstakes, Sponsor, or American Family for advertising or promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation.
9. DISCLAIMER: The Sweepstakes is not endorsed, sponsored, administered, or otherwise associated with Facebook. The Sponsor, Internet server(s), Internet and cellular telephone access provider(s), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, "Releases") are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate text messaging or entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's cell phone device relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; inability to submit or access any text message; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to cellular device, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, and/or cellular telephone lines; printing or other errors; or theft or destruction or corruption of entries. Proof of submitting a Text Message Entry, Device Entry or Telephone Entry is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible and incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. False and/or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in the Sponsor’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Web Site and the Prizes may be awarded to potential Winners to be selected from among all applicable Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by the Sponsor. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and will result in disqualification of all such entries. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE WISCONSIN COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WISCONSIN SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR SPONSOR. IN NO EVENT WILL FACEBOOK, SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, OR THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND RELATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASEES") BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, ATTORNEYS' FEES) OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF THE PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITIES OR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY INTERNET SITE. ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR FROM ANY SUCH CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION FROM ANY DAMAGE, INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OR OTHER LIABILITY EITHER AT LAW OR EQUITY WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ASSERTED OR NOT ASSERTED THAT MAY ARISE FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATE TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE AWARDING, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PRIZE AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor of this Facebook page.
Updated Dec. 1, 2017