To start the process, contact our claims care center at 1-800-MYAMFAM (1-800-692-6326) and speak to one of our professional claims representatives who will guide you through filing a claim.
- Protect your home from further damage.
- Retain damaged property for inspection purposes or to help us determine cause of loss when appropriate.
A claims adjuster will work with you to estimate your damages. To complete the repairs, you can choose to get an estimate from a contractor of your choice, or the adjuster may be able to provide you with a list of local contractors who have done work for our customers in the past. No matter which option you choose, your adjuster and the contractor work together to agree on a repair price.
Other things you should know:
- You may be entitled to temporary living expenses and housing if your home is considered uninhabitable due to a covered claim.
- Some items may be cleaned or repaired per the terms of your policy.
- We may be required to protect the interest of your mortgage company and include their name on any payments.