The companies of American Family Insurance Group (see Company Identification) recognize the importance of our customers’ trust. Keeping our customers’ personal information confidential is a top priority for all American Family Insurance employees, agents and staff. This notice, which is required by state and federal law, explains our privacy policies.
1. We safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, nonpublic, personal information our customers share with us. "Nonpublic, personal information" includes your name, address, Social Security number and credit information. We maintain safeguards, physical and electronic, to protect this information. We conduct our business in a manner that keeps personal customer information secure.
2. We limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service and to administer our business. We collect personal information about customers from the following sources:
• From customers on insurance and loan applications and related forms;
• From your transactions with us, our affiliates or others;
• From consumer reporting agencies; and
• From your transactions with non-affiliated third parties.
3. It is our policy that only authorized American Family Insurance employees, agents and their staff who need to know your personal information will access and use it. American Family Insurance workers who violate our privacy policies are subject to a disciplinary process.
4. It is our policy not to share personal information on current and former customers outside American Family Insurance for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a customer’s policy/account, or for marketing additional American Family Insurance products, unless the disclosure has been authorized by the customer or is permitted or required by law.
5. Whenever we retain other organizations to provide support services on behalf of American Family Insurance, we require them to protect customers’ personal information.
6. To update your personal information, please contact your agent.
7. When necessary, we review and revise our privacy policies to protect personal customer information.