What Is A Farm/Ranch Liability Umbrella Policy?
A farm/ranch liability umbrella policy adds an extra layer of liability coverage over and above your primary insurance limits. American family’s farm/ranch, personal and commercial auto, home, and boat owners policies provide primary liability protection. Should a loss exhaust your primary liability coverage, a farm/ranch liability umbrella policy can provide coverage for the excess damages.
Do I need the extra protection of a Farm/Ranch Liability Umbrella Policy?
Imagine if someone got hurt and it was your fault. Even if it was an accident, you could be held responsible and face a lawsuit. To make sure that you are protected, first, check the liability limits on your farm/ranch policy. Next, talk with your agent to see how these limits can be increased. Need more protection? Consider adding a Farm/Ranch Liability Umbrella Policy if you:
- Drive your machinery on the road from one field to another
- Have livestock
- Own or use a boat, ATV, snowmobile, etc.
- Have a swimming pool or trampoline
- Own a farm, ranch or rental properties
- Have assets including land
- Haul crops or livestock from one location to another or to the elevator
How Does an Umbrella Policy Work?
American Family’s Farm/Ranch Liability Umbrella Policy supplements your primary liability coverages for:
- Personal and qualifying commercial automobiles
- Farm/Ranch properties
- Primary residences
- Seasonal home
- Most types of watercraft
- Commercial exposures directly related to the farming/ ranching operation (some restrictions apply)
- One- or two-family rental dwellings
- Motorcycles and recreational vehicles
If you have $1,000,000 liability on your Farm/Ranch Policy and a $1,000,000 limit on your umbrella policy, your farm/ranch insurance covers the first $1,000,000 of a claim and your umbrella coverage picks up an additional $1,000,000.
American Family’s Farm/Ranch Liability Umbrella Policy covers a wide range of losses. Such as:
- Defense Coverage: These expenses include the cost of hiring a lawyer, court fees, investigations, gathering facts, filing legal paperwork, and other related costs.
- Personal Injury: False arrest, invasion of privacy, libel, slander, humiliation or defamation of another person’s character if covered by underlying insurance.
- Property Damage: Physical destruction of someone else’s property, including the resulting loss of its use.
- Bodily Injury: Medical costs, loss of income, funeral expenses of other people involved in the accident.
Help protect your dreams and everything you’ve worked so hard for with a Farm/Ranch Liability Umbrella Policy today
Do I Really Need Extra Coverage?
Lawsuits can happen to anybody. The possibility of being held liable for a large settlement or judgement is very real, simply because accidents happen.
- One of your animals escapes, gets in the road, and causes a fatal accident.
- A guest at your cookout gets injured on your property.
What Do I Need To Do To Add a Farm/Ranch Liability Umbrella Policy?
In order to add a Farm/Ranch Liability Umbrella Policy, talk to an American Family agent.
Your agent can help you determine if a farm/ranch umbrella policy is right for you.
How is the premium calculated?
Your premium will be determined based on a percentage of the underlying exposure premium and the liability limit you choose.
What coverage limits are available?
Farm/Ranch Liability Umbrella Policy coverage options range from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000.
Higher limits are available upon request, pending eligibility requirements.
Bundled is Better
We realize saving money is important to you and putting all your protection under one roof makes more sense than ever.
You may be eligible for discounts that can save you money.
Please talk to your agent for details.
American Family offers a variety of insurance products to cover you, and your family, at every stage in life. The trusted advice of your American Family Insurance agent will give you the confidence and security to pursue your dreams, no matter how they evolve along the way. Make sure you have protection for everything that matters most to you.
The information on this webpage represents only a brief description of coverages, is not part of your policy, and is not a promise or guarantee of coverage. If there is any conflict between this information and your policy, the provisions of the policy will prevail. Insurance policy terms and conditions may apply. Coverage features and limits vary by state and may be subject to change. Some products are not available in every state. Discount availability and eligibility vary by state and policy terms. (Discounts apply to auto and property policies.) Please check with your agent and read the policy for exact details on coverages and exclusions.