Get a Quote

Non-motorized Boat Insurance

Non-Motorized Boat Insurance

From your kayak, canoe, dinghy, rib, sailboard, tender, inflatable raft, paddle boat or SUP — American Family Insurance wants to make sure you’re protecting your property with the right coverage.

Non-Motorized Boat Insurance Coverages

Leisurely cruising in your non-motorized boat still exposes you to the unexpected, so it pays to be proactive about your protection. And, when it comes to boats you keep near your dock, like your dinghy or tender, you want to make sure you’re properly protecting it from storms and other damage.

Cover yourself from potential damage with our coverages like physical damage, bodily injury and property damage (liability), and medical expense coverage. Here are a few more coverages you may want to consider:

Watercraft equipment coverage: Your non-motorized boat, like a dinghy, rib or tender may have a motor added on to it. The watercraft equipment coverage gives you the protection you need to cover your outboard motor.

Personal effects coverage: If you’re bringing accessories on your kayak or canoe cruise, you never know what could happen! We offer coverage that helps reimburse you for things like your fishing rods and reels, and even personal property like your eye glasses, clothing, cameras and portable electronics. This means if we cannot repair your damaged items, we will help cover the cost for new ones or a similar model.

If you have a homeowners policy or renters insurance, you’ll be covered up to $1,500 for property damage on your non-motorized boat. This coverage picks up where those leave off.

Non-Motorized Insurance Limitations

If your non-motorized boat meets any of the restrictions below, they will not be covered under your homeowners policy and you’ll want to make sure they’re protected with a boat insurance policy.

  • Outboard motor can be no more than 50HP
  • Inboard motor can be no more than 50HP
  • Non-motorized sailboats can be no longer than 26’.

Connect with your American Family Insurance agent to get the best coverage for all your water adventures.