Norton Secured powered by digicert
Flood Faqs

Flood FAQs

  1. It’s a good idea to protect your home with flood insurance, no matter where you live. Flooding can happen even if you aren’t located near a river, lake or the oceans. A high percentage of flooding occurs in areas around the United States that aren’t near bodies of water.
  2. Properties in higher risk flood zones are going to have higher premiums than lower risk flood zones.
  3. Most of the time, no. Your agent can explain the specific coverages in your policy.
  4. Not necessarily. There has to be a federal disaster declaration where the property is located and then the insured has to apply for assistance. If granted, disaster assistance doesn’t typically cover all of the damage and in most cases the assistance is a loan that needs to be paid back in full.
  5. Properties that have a mortgage that is federally backed and are in high risk flood zones are required to have flood insurance coverage.
  6. Your American Family agent can help you find the best protection for your home.
  7. Flood insurance provides several specific coverages. Your American Family agent can answer your questions and get you the information you need.