Everything you need to know about insurance basics, like coverage types, limits, cost and more.
Cut Your Summer Energy Use
Electricity powers your business, but the high cost can hit your bottom line hard – especially with the soaring cooling bills racked up on hot summer days.
Save your business money and lend a hand to the environment with these simple tips to reduce your energy consumption this summer:
- Turn equipment and lights off after hours and when not in use
- Apply solar control films to window and door glass
- Use high efficiency products when possible – the higher upfront cost is worth it down the line
- Use task lighting instead of overhead lighting
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs – they use 75% less electricity while producing the same amount of light
- If possible, offer flex hours in the summer so employees can come in and leave earlier, letting them work in the cooler hours of the day
Related Topics: Home DIY