Choosing the Best Space Heater for Your Home
With the winter season comes dwindling temps and chilling winds, but that doesn’t have to take away from the cozy factor of your home! In fact, simply buying the right space heater can help you create a comfortable space for your family to make memories in — no matter what the weather brings.
But there’s a lot to consider when it comes to choosing the right one for your home. Don’t know where to begin? We’ve got you covered! Here are some tips to help you choose a space heater without breaking a sweat:
Choosing the Right Size
Space heaters come in all shapes and sizes. And choosing the right one can have a big impact on both your comfort level and your energy bill. Here are some guidelines to help you choose:
Buy small if…
- You’ve got a small space to heat.
- You’re looking for something that’ll spot heat quickly.
- You live in a household of 1-3 people — a smaller one will do the job of making you nice and cozy!
Go bigger if…
- You’re looking to heat a larger room where people gather — think family room or den.
- You want something that acts as more of a permanent fixture rather than a quick solution.
- You want a cozy look and feel — a lot of the larger ones come with a built in electronic flame display!
Deciding on Features
You can go with the most basic of models, or you can find a space heater with all the amenities! Today you can find space heaters that come equipped with built in thermostats, remote control operations, energy-saving timers and retractable cords to help with off-season storage. Take your time to shop around a bit and build up a list of must-haves — it’s worth the time to find something perfect.
Selecting a Safe Model
What makes for a safe space heater? When you’re shopping, these can be good things to look for:
- Look for a label from a recognized testing company like UL, ETL, or CSA.
- Find one with a sensor that shuts the heater off if it overheats or tips over.
- Choose one that has a long enough cord so you can move it around where needed — because it’s not safe to use an extension cord with an electric heater.
- If you can, look for reviews before you buy. This way you’ll have a better sense of how reliable and secure the model is.
When it comes to your home in the winter time, you deserve to be cozy and comfortable. Use these tips to choose the perfect space heater for your home and never feel left out in the cold again!
Related Topics: At Home