Sauna Safety Rules
If you’ve added a sauna to the exercise area of your business, it’s important you make a point to display some common safety rules and guidelines. Here are some typical points you should consider including – they’ll cover all the basics!
- Children ages five and under are not permitted in the sauna.
- Children between the ages of six and 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the sauna at all times.
- Allow yourself at least five minutes after exercising to cool down before entering the sauna.
- Pregnant women and persons suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure, circulatory or respiratory problems, seizures or epilepsy should not enter the sauna without prior medical consultation.
- Do not use the sauna while under the influence of any type of alcohol, drugs, anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictor, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics, narcotics or tranquilizers.
- Clean swim attire must be worn and participants are required to bring a towel to sit on when using the sauna.
- Remove all metal jewelry prior to entering the sauna.
- The surface of the rocks, heater and surrounding area can be extremely hot. Exercise caution.
- Prolonged use of sauna not recommended due to fatiguing effects. Limit yourself to a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Do not smoke, exercise, eat or drink beverages in the sauna room.
- Leave the sauna immediately if you experience any nausea, dizziness, hot flashes, cold chills, headaches or other discomfort.
- Drink plenty of fluids before and after leaving the sauna.
- Use of chlorinated pool or spa water and oil on heating rocks is prohibited in a wet sauna.
- This sauna is a dry sauna. Please do not pour water on the electric coals. (If applicable)
- Do not use the sauna to dry clothes, swimsuits or towels or place materials near the heater or guard fence.
- Newspapers, magazines, or other reading materials are prohibited.
- After using the sauna, participants must shower prior to entering the pool or whirlpool.
- If repair or assistance is needed, contact [INSERT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION].
*Also, remember to Include Emergency procedures for patrons to signal if help is needed.