DIY Winter Car Survival Kit
A few flakes? No worries! Throw these winter weather survival items into your car before the big snow hits:
- Snow scraper: In cold climates, this is a must. Get one with a brush on one end and hard scraper on the other. Hint: Don’t forget to wipe headlights and tail lights, as well as windshield wipers.
- Chemical hand and foot warmers: Buy these small, inexpensive packets in sporting goods and hardware stores. Your toasty fingers and toes will thank you!
- Waterproof matches and a candle: Extra light if you’re saving your battery charge, and other uses.
- Sand, cat litter or road salt: All provide traction if you find yourself in deep ice and/or snow. (In a pinch? Use your car mat.)
- Extra mittens, hat and socks: You’ll have extra layers if you unexpectedly have to walk for help — or simply want to stop to admire the sights. Hint: Throw your boots in the car if you’re shoes aren’t weather-inappropriate.
Your American Family Insurance agent is always ready to help protect you. Ask yours about our Emergency Repair Assistance — for peace of mind wherever your dreams take you.
Related Topics: On The Road