The Safest ATV Gear
There's nothing like the freedom of the open trail on an ATV, But before you take off on your off-road adventure, always make sure you're protected from head-to-toe with the right equipment.
Get Geared Up
- DoT-approved helmets are a must. A helmet is one of the best tools you can use to protect yourself on an ATV. Full-face helmets offer the most protection and comfort.
- If you’re not wearing a full-face helmet, be sure to use goggles or adequate eye protection to keep wind, dirt and debris out of your eyes.
- Look for high impact eyewear, with V-8, VESC-8 or Z87.1 ratings
- Gloves with padded knuckles will protect your hands from injury, keep them warm in cold weather and help reduce fatigue.
- Long sleeves and long pants are smart ways to avoid burns, scratches and other injuries.
- For added protection, wear gear with padded shoulders and knees.
- Over-the-ankle boots will keep your feet more firmly planted on the footrests. The higher the boots go, the more protection they offer.
Curious about other ways to make your off-roading more fun? Test your trail smarts with 7 Tips for Safe ATV Rides.
Related Topics: On The Road