Is a Boat Covered Under Homeowners Insurance?
Your homeowners policy typically includes some coverage for your watercraft, including their trailers, motors, equipment, parts and accessories. But the coverage for watercraft included on your home insurance policy isn't meant for all types of boats. And just like a home or vehicle, boats come in all shapes and sizes with different equipment, enhancements and anything else you do to make it uniquely yours. So creating a customized boat insurance policy is key to keeping it protected from unexpected events.
How to File an Insurance Claim for Boat Damage
To help get your life back on track quickly and as stress-free as possible, we try to make the claims process uncomplicated. If you need to file an insurance claim for boat damage, you have options:
1. File your claim with your agent, online, through My Account or give us a call at 1-800-MYAMFAM (1-800-692-6326)
2. You’ll want to have this information on hand:
- The date and time of the event.
- A brief description of what happened.
- Photos of damage done.
3. After you file a boat insurance claim, our on-call team of experts will be on site as quickly as possible, inspecting the damage and making sure you have everything you need to keep your life moving forward.