American Family Insurance Health EDI Website
This website provides EDI connectivity information to health care providers who provide services for American Family Insurance health policyholders. Please note: EDI connectivity is not available for casualty claims.
Medicare Supplement Claims
- Identify Medicare Supplement policies by viewing a patient's health insurance card (or a copy of it). If there is an "S" in the policy number, it is a Medicare Supplement policy.
- File the claim with Medicare, which will forward it to be processed under the Medicare Supplement policy as a crossover claim for Medicare Parts A and B.
- For questions regarding Medicare Supplement claims:
Phone: 1-888-755-3064 (customer service)
Fax: 1-402-496-8199 (claims)
- For questions regarding Medicare electronic billing transactions, visit the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services website.
- For Medicare questions, visit the Medicare website.
Individual Health Claims – Minnesota Only
A. Is there a logo on the front side of the patient's health insurance card?
If this network repricing plan logo is present on the front side of the patient's health insurance card, the clearinghouse is Emdeon:
B. No logo on the front side of the insurance card?
If the above displayed logo is not present there are several methods for submitting claims, depending on the EDI connectivity available to you and/or your clearinghouse:
1. HDM (can be used only if the provider uses HDM's Qwik File Product)
C. Need further assistance?
If you need further assistance, please call 1-888-755-3064.