There’s nothing like heading out for a day on the water — and at American Family Insurance, we want to ensure that you’re protecting your boat from the unexpected. That’s why we offer coverage that can be customized to you and all your water adventures.
Power and Speed Boat Insurance Coverages
American Family Insurance offers coverage for many different styles of speed and power boats, including bowriders, runabouts, ski/wakeboarding boats, cruisers and pontoon boats. Apart from your standard coverage options, like physical damage, bodily injury and property damage (liability), and medical expense coverage, consider the following optional coverages for your power and speed boat to ensure your protecting your boat and everything on it.
Watercraft equipment coverage: Covers accessories, equipment, devices, changes and enhancements made to your insured boat, other than those installed in the insured watercraft by the manufacturer as part of the original sale. A few examples include skis, wakeboards and other things intended to be pulled. It also covers trolling motors and kicker motors that may be installed on the boat.
Personal effects coverage: We offer coverage up to $100,000 for personal effects, such as your eye glasses, clothing, cameras and portable electronics. This means if we cannot repair your damaged items, we will help cover the cost for new ones or a similar model. This coverage is available for purchase.
Towing and recovery: If you’re stranded on the water you might need a tow to get back to shore. This Emergency Roadside and on-water service is included with your physical damage portion of your policy. It includes:
- Costs to change or repair a flat or damaged tire on the trailer
- Mechanical labor or other service up to one hour at the place of the breakdown.
- Towing by an authorized business to the nearest garage, marina, service station, or other service point where necessary repairs can be made.
- Delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery (we do not pay for the cost of parts or materials, including gas and oil).
- Repair cost: This coverage will help ensure your power or speed boat will be repaired without depreciation. So, we’ll pay what it costs to return your boat to its pre-accident condition or better.
Agreed value: You’ll want to have this coverage if you want to know exactly what you’ll be paid in the event of a total loss. You’ll send proof of the current market value of your boat and if you face a total loss, we’ll pay that amount.
Power and Speed Boat Insurance Limitations
Though we offer coverage for all kinds of power and speed boats, there are some limitations. We do not insure:
- High-performance boats
- Boats over 500HP with a single engine or 1000HP with twin engines
- Boats equipped with more than two motors (other than kicker or trolling motors)
- Ferro cement hull boats
Connect with your American Family Insurance agent so they can help you build the best policy for your water adventures.