How to Install Your Frontpoint Control Panel
Frontpoint keeps things simple and straightforward — there’s no need for a professional technician to come to your house to install the system. You’ll be able to set it up within 30 minutes, and even though you should be able to install your devices DIY style, the Frontpoint support team is happy to walk you through the process.
Or you can utilize the handy setup wizard app that guides you through everything you need to do, step by step. Just head to Frontpoint.com/setup and enter your personal code from the setup card. Your system is preconfigured to work right out of the box!
In the meantime, here’s an overview of how to set up your Control Panel:
- Place your Control Panel on a counter, tabletop or shelf in a central location in your home. Avoid placing within 4 feet of electronic devices or large metallic objects such as a refrigerator, TV or washing machine.
- Activate the battery by coupling the two red connectors located on the back of the panel.
- The panel will beep.
- Plug the AC adapter into an outlet that isn’t controlled by a switch and doesn’t have a “test/reset” button.
- If the panel doesn’t power on, hold the ‘Home Icon’ for 45 seconds.
After setting up your Control Panel, you’ll move onto another simple, yet important step — naming and planning where to place your sensors. Here’s where you can find out how to set up your Frontpoint sensors, but for now, we’ll continue walking you through your control panel.
How to Disarm Your Control Panel
After a siren sounds, your panel will automatically contact Frontpoint’s monitoring station. To disarm the system and silence the siren, you’ll need to enter your 4-digit master or user code.
In the event of a false alarm with your system, contact the Frontpoint monitoring station at 1-800-932-3822. You’ll be asked to provide your passcode before the alarm can be cancelled.
How to Bypass Your Control Panel
If there are sensors in your system that you don’t want to trigger an alarm (e.g. leaving a bedroom window open at night), you can bypass them after the system has completed arming.
To do so, follow these steps:
- While the system is armed, press the Bypass button.
- Enter your master code.
- Use the menu navigation buttons at the top-right corner of the panel.
- Scroll to the desired sensor and press OK.
Keep in mind, Life Safety and Environmental Sensors (Carbon Monoxide, Smoke and Heat, Water and Flood, etc.) are always armed, even when your system isn’t.