DIY Natural Disaster Kit
Just because natural disasters are unpredictable doesn’t mean you can’t be ready for them! One of the best ways to feel empowered for the unexpected is to spend an hour putting together your very own Natural Disaster kit – perfect for storms, tornadoes, hurricanes or any other surprises Mother Nature has in store.
Start with these essentials – and then add whatever extras make sense for taking care of your family!
- Two gallons of water per person in your household.
- A three-day supply of non-perishable food that’ll feed your whole family – including your pets.
- A manual can opener.
- A battery-powered or hand-crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries.
- A flashlight and extra batteries.
- A first aid kit.
- A whistle to signal for help in case of emergencies.
- A dust mask to help filter contaminated air.
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape to fashion a temporary shelter.
- Hand sanitizer, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation.
- A wrench and pliers to turn off utilities.
- A solar cell phone charger.
Prepare your storm survival kit today and get peace of mind that you’ll be ready for whatever Mother Nature throws your way. You’ve got this!
Related Topics: Safe and Happy Family