Personal Umbrella Insurance
- Quick, easy umbrella quotes
- Customizable coverage for your unique needs
- Expert support for all your questions
Umbrella Insurance for Added Protection
What is umbrella insurance?
Your Pet Accidentally Injures Someone
You Cause an ATV Collision
Your Spouse Causes an Accident
Start Your Quote
Our Agents Are Here to Help
What does umbrella insurance cover?
- Bodily Injury LiabilitySuppose you cause a serious car accident, and the medical expenses total $700,000, but your auto coverage limit is $500,000. You would be responsible for the remaining $200,000 out of pocket. Having a $1 million umbrella policy would cover the balance.*
- Property Damage LiabilityIf, during that serious car accident, you cause damage to multiple vehicles, and the resulting damage goes above your auto policy limit, your umbrella insurance may cover the difference (up to your umbrella policy limit).*
- Personal Injury OffensesIf you post false information about someone online, they could sue you for defamation of character. Having umbrella coverage can help pay for any costs resulting from the lawsuit. This means any settlement or costs related to your defense, including attorney’s fees, may be covered.*
- Landlord LiabilitySuppose a tenant is injured on your rental property due to something you, as the landlord, are held liable for. In that case, your umbrella insurance can cover the tenant’s injuries and loss of wages above your primary insurance for the rental property (up to the Umbrella policy limit).*
Trusted by over 12 Million Customers & Counting
Ranked by Forbes
12 Million Customers
Custom Umbrella Insurance Quote
- Affordable coverage that fits your budget
- No-hassle account management with the app
- Award-winning customer service from your local agent
The information on this web page represents only a brief description of coverages and may or may not be part of your policy. Insurance policy terms and conditions may apply. Coverage features and limits vary by state and may be subject to change. Some products are not available in every state. Discount availability and eligibility vary by state and policy terms. (Discounts may only apply to auto and property policies.) Please check with your agent and read the policy for exact details on coverages and exclusions.
Refer to your policy documents for coverage limit details. Coverage applies to covered losses only after your individual property & coverage specific deductible(s) has been met. Please speak with your agent to learn more about your coverage options.
*Descriptions provided here offer general information regarding umbrella insurance. The full scope of liability umbrella coverage is subject to the umbrella policy provisions. To qualify for personal liability umbrella insurance, you must meet minimum liability limits for all applicable underlying policies, such as auto, home, renters, boat and recreational vehicle.
**Discount and savings amounts and product eligibility will vary by state, property type, policy form and company underwriting the auto and/or homeowners policy. Discounts may not apply to all coverages on an auto or property policy. Discounts do not apply to a life policy. Some restrictions may apply.