Take Control of Your Savings
Choose the Right Program for You
Usage-Based Car Insurance Programs
We offer two types of programs designed to help you save:
- Personalize your rate by practicing safe driving habits — pay how you drive
- Earn more savings by driving fewer miles — pay as you drive
Drive Safe, Save Money: Pay How You Drive
Practicing good driving habits can give you more control over what you pay for car insurance and keep the roads safer at the same time.
It's a win-win!
American Family offers two safe-driving savings programs, depending on where you live.
- Safe drivers who don't speed and don't often slam the brakes.
- Responsible drivers who don't text or play with their phones while driving.
- Anyone who wants to improve their driving skills and save money on car insurance!
DriveMyWay is our new pay-how-you-drive program that personalizes your auto insurance rate based on your safe driving behaviors. The safer you drive, the more you can save! Currently only available to customers in Utah.
- Enroll today and enjoy up to a 10% introductory discount on your car insurance.*
- Show off your safe driving skills and you could earn even greater personalized savings, applied at your next policy renewal.
- Most customers actively enrolled in the program will save between 5% and 20%!*
KnowYourDrive is a pay-how-you-drive program that gives you more control over how much you pay for car insurance while helping you learn safer driving habits. Available in all states served by American Family except Utah.
- Enroll today and receive a 10% introductory discount on your car insurance just for signing up.**
- Practice your safest driving skills and you could qualify for a discount up to 20%.**
- Get helpful tips and practical advice for improving your safe driving skills.
Drive Less, Save More: Pay As You Drive
MilesMyWay is American Family's pay-as-you-drive personalized insurance program for low-mileage drivers. If you drive less than 8,000 miles each year, this usage-based insurance program may be a great fit! Currently only available to customers in Arizona and Oregon.
With MilesMyWay, you're empowered to earn savings based on how many miles you drive. When you drive fewer miles, you can earn greater savings — up to 25% savings each month!*** This means you'll only pay what's fair, based on your actual mileage.
- People who drive less than 8,000 miles per year
- Individuals who work remotely or use public transportation often
- Empty nesters or people who no longer work
- Younger drivers, including college students
- People with a car they rarely drive
**Discounts will vary based on driving behavior. The KnowYourDrive discount applies only to these coverages, which are typical for most auto policies: bodily injury liability, property damage liability, collision and comprehensive, medical expense, underinsured and uninsured and personal injury of your policy. To refresh your understanding of coverages visit the Car Insurance Coverage page. Additionally, the discount does not apply to fixed fees that are part of your policy. The KnowYourDrive program is not available in Utah. Travel Peace of Mind package not included with KnowYourDrive in Washington state.
***MilesMyWay savings apply only to the following variable coverages, which are typical for most auto policies: bodily injury liability, property damage liability, collision and comprehensive, medical expense, underinsured and uninsured and personal injury protection. Additionally, the savings do not apply to fixed fees that are part of your policy.