Inland Flood Coverage
Inland Flood Coverage for Flash Floods
Why Do You Need Inland Flood Coverage?
What Is Inland Flood Coverage?
Types of Events Inland Flood Insurance Covers
Benefits of Inland Flood Coverage
- Less out of your own pocket. Did you know just one inch of water can cause $25,000 worth of damage to a home?*** Repairs and replacement costs would normally come out of your own pocket. This coverage helps you better manage unplanned-for expenses associated with a flood.
- Comprehensive, flexible coverage. Since a standard homeowners policy doesn’t cover floods, adding flash flood coverage is one more way to add a wider breadth of protection to your home. Plus, coverage limits range from $10,000 to $100,000, so you have the flexibility to choose an amount that matches your specific needs.****
- Peace of mind. Floods are the most frequently occurring natural disaster in the U.S.** When you add this coverage, you’ll gain peace of mind knowing you’ve proactively prepared for unexpected water damage expenses that can occur from a flood.
Additional Protection Provided
Here’s a quick breakdown (subject to your policy limits**) of how adding flash flood coverage to your main home policy may help better protect your home:
- Covers damage to your primary residence and other structures on your property, like a shed or detached garage
- Covers damage that occurs to your personal property, including in a basement or sunken room (sub-limits may apply)
- Covers personal property you moved to another location for safety after the flood occurred (within the first 30 days)
- Covers temporary living expenses if your home becomes uninhabitable due to damage from a flood (sub-limits may apply)
- Covers the cost to remove debris
Inland Flood Coverage FAQs
Ready to Protect Your Home Against Flash Floods?
The information on this webpage represents only a brief description of coverages, is not part of your policy, and is not a promise or guarantee of coverage. If there is any conflict between this information and your policy, the provisions of the policy will prevail. Insurance policy terms and conditions may apply. Coverage features and limits vary by state and may be subject to change. Some products are not available in every state. Discount availability and eligibility vary by state and policy terms. (Discounts apply to auto and property policies.) Please check with your agent and read the policy for exact details on coverages and exclusions.*Coverage provided by adding the Inland Flood optional endorsement. This endorsement does not satisfy mandatory flood insurance coverage should it be required by your federally regulated lender for your home mortgage or loan. This insurance product is not affiliated with the National Flood Insurance program (NFIP).
**Some coverages or limits may not be available in your state. Refer to your policy documents for coverage limit details. Coverage applies after the property deductible has been met. Please speak with your agent to learn more about your coverage options.
***Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), https://www.floodsmart.gov/flood-insurance
****Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), https://www.floodsmart.gov/flood
Please check with your agent and read the policy and endorsements for exact details on coverages and exclusions.
Inland Flood coverage not available for manufactured homes.